last updated 7/11/2008
Mission and Values
The SVC Forum is provided as an educational and networking tool for industry professionals, students and others interested in vacuum coating, surface engineering and related technologies.
1. Disallowed Posts. Participants may not:
• upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that is copyright protected, unlawful, harmful, slanderous, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
• upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law:
• upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
• upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
• upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
ALL posts on the SVC Forum are copyright protected. Any content uploaded to SVC becomes SVC property. No information may be copied from SVC and posted elsewhere on SVC or any other Web Site without written and express permission form SVC.
2. Removing Posts: Although this Forum is monitored regularly, it may not be monitored on a 24-hour basis. When the moderators become aware of a problem, it is reviewed and action is taken as soon as possible. SVC reserves the right to pull any posting that SVC, in its sole discretion, believes violates the spirit or intention of these guidelines or is not in the best interests of SVC.
3. Reporting Offensive Posts: While on the Forum, you can report offensive posts by clicking the alert button in the upper right corner of the post. The moderators will review your alert and take appropriate action. If you are the recipient of offensive or otherwise inappropriate comments through the Forum, become aware of others being subjected to such comments or have other problems with the Forum, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org identifying your username and the nature of the problem. A member of the volunteer moderation team will follow up as appropriate in response to your e-mail.
4. User Name: One on-line account (or user name) is allowed per person. Secondary or duplicate accounts will be deleted. The creation of a duplicate account as an attempt to circumvent a suspension will result in further disciplinary action.
5. E-mail Address: It is up to you to always make sure that there is a working e-mail address in your profile and that you are willing to receive SVC administrative e-mails. Being able to get e-mails from SVC is mandatory for using this Web Site. If we get returned e-mails your participation may have to be suspended.
6. Privacy: We value your privacy. Registration information is NEVER sold, leased or loaned to anyone although we are often asked to do so. Truthful application with verifiable information is part of the agreement you make when you apply to interact on our Forum. False or incomplete application information is grounds for immediate and permanent account suspension.
7. Suspensions: Participants may be suspended, in SVC's sole discretion, for any violation of these rules and guidelines or if doing so is considered in the best interests of SVC; Suspensions may be temporary, permanent or indefinite in SVC's sole discretion.
8. Impersonation. Participants may not impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an SVC official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. Participants may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through SVC.
9. Registration Information. All account and registration information on SVC's Web Site belongs to SVC and not the individual users.
SVC reserves the right to revoke and terminate the account and/or interactive registration at their discretion without notification for any reason