Anyone interested in learning about and furthering the use of vacuum coating technology is encouraged to join the SVC, including application engineers, scientists, manufacturers, product users, technical personnel, students, equipment and materials suppliers, and service suppliers. Membership is valid for one calendar year (January-December).
Annual Membership Fee: $135.00
Student Membership Fee: $40.00
Young Members Group Membership Fee: $40.00
Benefits of Membership
General benefits include:
- Access to free digital downloads from the SVC Digital Library for manuscripts from the Technical Conference Proceedings (1991-Present).
- A subscription to the SVC Bulletin magazine, SVConnections / TECHTalk digital newsletters.
- Discounts for Live and On-Demand (pre-recorded) Webinars.
- Voting privileges and eligibility for Director/Officer leadership positions.
- NEW for 2018! As of November 2017 the SVC is proud to announce its' new status as an Affiliate Member of AIP (American Institute of Physics). The SVC as an AIP Affiliated Society offers to SVC members a unique suite of AIP benefits (https://www.aip.org/affiliated-society-programs) that also includes exclusive access to group insurance programs offered by AIP Insurance Trust (http://www.apsitinsurance.com).
Aside from these tangible benefits, members enjoy enhanced opportunities to interact with colleagues who are active in different aspects of vacuum coating. Members also stay informed about the latest developments in PVD process technology.
SVC is also pleased to continue to offer students (graduate and undergraduate) a special membership rate of $40.00. Student members can register for the 2019 TechCon for only $335.00. Students must be actively enrolled and be able to present student verification.
SVC Young Members Group
If you are under 35 years of age at any time in 2019, you are eligible to become an SVC member at the reduced rate of $40.00 and register for the 2019 TechCon for only $335.00. Click here to learn more about the Young Members Group and Mentors Program.
If you are fully retired and have been a member in good standing for four or more years, you can request complimentary membership in SVC. Contact SVC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you qualify.