Job openings are listed in the order received by SVC. For information on placing a job posting here, please see How to Post Career Openings.
SVC is providing this information as a service to the vacuum coating industry. SVC is not responsible in any way for the accuracy of the information provided.
Location: Ashford, CT
We are seeking an individual with a solid electromechanical background and a working
knowledge of refrigeration. EPA 608 type I, II, III a plus. The successful candidate
will be a creative, self starting, highly motivated team player willing to go the extra
mile. An understanding of vacuum coating equipment a plus.
Two years technical school, community college, trade school, Vacuum Tech, Electronics or
Military tech schooling with relevant electrical/mechanical background.
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel
Minimum of 4 years experience in systems maintenance.
Must possess a valid driver’s license
Must be insurable with no major infractions
Job will require extensive travel in the region
Self-motivated and ability to work independently, as well as in a team atmosphere
Good customer relationship skills are mandatory.
Basic machining skills a plus
Basic Knowledge of leak detection equipment & techniques
Knowledge of electrical connection/disconnection and troubleshooting
Good working knowledge of electronics and compliance with current industry standards.
Understanding of schematics, drawings using various test equipment & math calculating to
confirm design setup
Must have or must obtain EPA Universal Certification within first ninety days of
Ability to push, pull, bend, twist, stand, squat for long periods of time and to lift a
minimum of 10 to 50 pounds of force on a daily basis.
Electrical fundamentals including electrical circuits
Ohm's law and meter use
Servicing and testing refrigeration equipment and electrical circuits including
identifying electrical motors
Installation of refrigeration systems including piping materials and brazing of pipe.
Safety requirements and sound safety practices
Technology-related reading, writing, vocabulary, mathematics, blueprint reading and
The proper handling of refrigerants, including recovery, recycling and reclaiming
System startup and customer training during the startups
Requires occasional overnight travel.
Other duties as assigned
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a benefit package including health, dental and life insurance as well as AD&D,
short and long term disability.
YTI is a custom manufacturer of Vacuum Coating Equipment and a respected leader in its
industry. The company has been in business for over 25 years. We take pride in quality
workmanship and superb customer service.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 05/14/13
PECVD Product-Process Development Engineer
Location: Auburn, Alabama
Full Time Position
The PECVD development engineer will provide project leadership for the development of
PECVD processes and related products for parenteral drug packaging.
• Provide technical project leadership for proof of concept, development, validation, and
optimization of PECVD process technology.
• Application of scientific method, thin film materials science and vacuum science to
address customer needs, product requirements and process related challenges.
• Implement best practices and conduct routine hands-on R&D to innovate toward solutions
that address product and process requirements.
• Construct and execute designed experiments for range-finding and optimization of thin
film properties, characteristics and performance on a packaging article.
• Conduct routine maintenance, on-the-fly modification and upkeep of vacuum coater
• Transition product and process innovations to pilot and production scale.
• Implement on-line and/or off-line process control systems to ensure product
reliability, quality and reproducibility.
• Maintain accurate lab notebooks and complete all related reports, in compliance
• Document innovations in invention disclosure for potential IP positioning for company.
• Analyze and interpret results in written and oral format.
•Deliver presentations at cross-functional team meetings and management meetings.
• Proactively identify and solve problems.
• Interact with other groups, including outside contract laboratories, in solving
• Evaluate and research scientific literature as needed to enable innovation in product
and process development.
• Follow all SOPs and Safety Guidelines to ensure compliance with a cGMP environment and
• Ph.D. degree in chemical Engineering, chemistry, materials science or related fields
with 3-5 years of experience PECVD thin films processing and materials development or
related industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, managerial, and written communication skills.
• Hands-on experience with the following equipment: high, medium and low vacuum pumps,
gas and vapor mass flow metering and control, vacuum plumbing, helium leak detection,
(AC, RF or MW) power supplies and matching networks.
• Experience with thin film analytical data analysis and interpretation by: FTIR, UV-VIS,
SEM, TEM, AFM, XPS.
• Expert knowledge of all aspects of vacuum science, troubleshooting vacuum related
problems, maintenance of pilot or production scale systems as related to the vacuum
process development for thin film PECVD.
• Experience with scaling up PECVD or related vacuum thin film processes from R&D to
pilot and production systems.
• The ability to independently recognize and communicate opportunities for improvement.
• Strong working knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the
types of instruments used in thin film PECVD technologies.
• The ability to organize and coordinate a variety of complex tasks to achieve
consistent, efficient and high quality work output.
SiO2 Medical Products – CV Holdings
(989) 492 6631
Please email your resume to Chris.Weikart@sio2med.com
Date Posted: 04/23/13
Location: Barrington, NJ
Edmund Optics is seeking a Principal Engineer to lead our efforts in coating technology
development at our Barrington, NJ headquarters. This is an exciting time for Edmund as
we are investing in new coating technology at both our domestic and foreign facilities.
The ideal candidate will take Edmund to the next level in optical coatings through
guiding our investments in both new coating technologies as well as upgrades to existing
coating platforms. The Principal Engineer in Coatings will also oversee process
development, material studies and technology assessment for our most challenging coating
problems to then be deployed into volume manufacturing. Hard working, confident, and
team oriented candidates need only apply. 15+ years in optical coating or related field
required. Click here or copy and paste into your web browser:
• Serve as the technical lead on projects within coatings in both our corporate
headquarters as well as liaise with our Asian manufacturing sites.
• Interface directly with select customers on relevant custom projects
• Provide management with technical tradeoffs and risks pertaining to project work as
well as general engineering efforts such that management may make informed decisions
• Manage a small team of technical staff including engineers, technicians and/or interns
• Assist technical marketing via authoring of papers, patents, or other external media
• Support internal technical training and mentoring efforts
• Attend external training and seminars to further the technical exposure of the company
• Proficiency in optical principles, optical design, coating design, and/or optics
• Proficiency in basic mechanical principles and mechanical layout
• Expert level knowledge in Optical Coatings, Optical Design, Optical Fabrication,
Optical Physics, Opto-Mechanical principles, and other technical areas within the Optical
• Knowledge of optical industry products, coating machine suppliers, coating technologies
such as IBS, IAD, and magnetron sputtering
• Highly organized, effective at communicating technical data and understanding of
document control procedures
• Great communication, organization, and math skills
• Motivated and self-starter
• Minimum BS and MS or PHD in Physics or Optical Sciences or equivalent experience; 15
years experience in the optical coating industry
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants encouraged
to confidentially self-identify when applying. EOE. Only candidates whose profiles
closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. Must be U.S. citizen or
permanent resident (green card holder) and eligible to work in this country. No phone
Compensation & Benefits:
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits
package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits,
prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts
for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan,
paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Edmund Optics has been a leading supplier of optics and optical components to the
industry since 1942, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses,
lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Although we are well
known as a catalog-based distributor of industrial optics and related products, we offer
much more - including a number of engineering and manufacturing services - to our
customers. A worldwide presence in industrial optics, we have offices in the United
States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore, as well as sales
representation in Israel, Italy and Switzerland.
Please visit http://https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6403582 to begin the application process.
Date Posted: 04/09/13
Research and Development Manager
Location: Owatonna, Minnesota, U.S.A.
The research and development manager will provide overall leadership for technology and
• Ensure the company has a continuous stream of new and improved products to take to
• Pursue an intellectual property strategy which maximizes long term revenue
• Ensure all technical personnel and equipment are utilized efficiently and effectively
• Support Applications Engineering and Sales to promote current revenue
• 4-year engineering degree, Master’s degree preferred
• 10+ years work experience working directly with rotary magnetron cathodes, processes,
• Best in class written, verbal, and presentations skills
• Demonstrated ability to use the scientific method, design of experiments (DOE), six
sigma and design for six sigma (DFSS), and visual management tools
This position may require working at a desk or standing in a shop floor environment for
many hours. Up to 25% travel may be required for this position.
Compensation & Benefits:
SCI offers a competitive benefits package which includes: health, dental, disability &
Please provide salary requirements along with your resume.
Sputtering Components, Inc. is the world leader in providing reliable and affordable
rotatable cathodes, complete e-CathodeTM systems, and magnetics using the latest
Please email your resume to email@example.com or visit http://http:wwwsputteringcomponents.com/careers to begin the application process.
Date Posted: 04/03/13
Senior Staff Engineer-Coating Development
Location: Kohler, WI
This is more than a job posting for the Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest
privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and ply
your craft in a creative, conscious and characterful culture. As a Senior Staff
Engineer-Coating Development, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live
on the leading edge.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
Responsible for researching, defining, creating, and developing, new and leading edge
coating materials within Global Faucets in order to drive differentiation, cost savings,
and growth in the market. Serve as resident expert and advisor to industrial designers,
product development engineers, and management on new coating processes. As part of the
Advanced Management and Process Development group, assist in implementing new materials,
new processes and new applications on existing processes aimed at enhancing design
flexibility, sustainability, profitability, and intellectual property/competitive
advantage. Keep Global Faucets on the leading edge of process and material technology.
• Identify, evaluate, and commercialize New Coating Processes.
• Develop existing coating processes to support new finish development.
• Coordinate internal/external R&D activities related to coatings.
• Benchmark competition.
• Collaborate closely with Industrial Design & NPD to align Manufacturing and Materials
with product and market trends.
• Provide quarterly updates to Global Faucet Executive team on coating development
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY:
• Bachelors Degree in engineering, with a major in Material Science, Chemical,
Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering. Advanced Degree in Engineering preferred.
• Minimum seven years of research and development experience in manufacturing processes
or materials. Experience in Coating technologies, including but not limited to PVD,
plating and organics is desired.
• Experience in simultaneously managing multiple projects with a high degree of
SKILL PREFERENCES – HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT:
• Passion for engineering and development.
• Excellent Communication skills in order to align, involve, leverage or facilitate.
• This is a senior position within the organization and the ideal candidate should be
self driven and motivated with a ‘get-it done’ attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with a diverse group of people in
terms of experience and educational backgrounds.
• This position offers opportunity of working on Advanced Development projects in the
areas of metal, plastics, and composites.
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history,
steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you
to learn more about our culture and company at http://www.kohler.com.
Since 1873, our life’s work has been to contribute to a higher level of gracious living
for those who are touched by our products and services. Today, over 50 leading edge
Kohler brands deliver on that promise to customers in six continents- a testament to the
craft of over 30,000 associates and the culture in which they operate. As Kohler
associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our
communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We
forge our own path. And in turn, experience the joy of discovery and the opportunity to
Please visit http://https://kohler.taleo.net/careersection/kohlercom/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=2540491971 to begin the application process.
Date Posted: 03/25/13