Job openings are listed in the order received by SVC. For information on placing a job posting here, please see How to Post Career Openings.
Scroll or click to jump to current listings:
- Coating Protection Engineer [5/24/2016]
- Coatings Project/Technology Manager [5/19/2016]
- Coating Development Engineer [4/20/2016]
Date Posted: 5/24/16
Coating Production Engineer
Moorpark, California, USA
Gooch & Housego is searching for a Coating Production Engineer for our Moorpark, California facility. The hands-on thin film coating production engineer will design, develop and manufacture thin film optical coatings. The Moorpark, California facility manufactures ITAR controlled components. Employees must be a citizen of the U.S. or a permanent resident.
Coating design, tooling design, process development, product and process qualification, process documentation, and support of coating operations including substrate cleaning, deposition, inspection, and characterization.
Set-up and optimize cleaning equipment and vacuum chamber configurations for deposition of precision optical coatings. Design optical coatings to meet customer and internal specifications.
Develop cleaning procedures to guarantee high performance coatings.
Develop new optical coatings for production. that optimize efficiencies and yields, and minimize costs.
Aid in scheduling of precision optical coatings to meet production delivery targets.
Train technicians in operation of precision optical processes.
Ensure consistency in coating and clean room procedures.
Work in conjunction with site engineering as well as machine shop in the design and fabrication of new equipment and the repair of equipment including work holders.
Provide application know-how to sales ensure that ISO procedures as well as safety and environmental procedures are maintained and enforced
Preferred Minimum BS in Engineering or science related field. 5â€”7 years experience in Coating Production.
Ability to define vacuum chamber configuration, hardware and software requirements. As well as specify and procure suitable coating, cleaning and metrology equipment.
Hands-on experience in multiple conventional thin film deposition technologies including tooling design, cleaning procedures, material characterization and commercial design software.
Thoroughly knowledgeable of modern coating production processes such as e-beam evaporation, ion-assisted e-beam evaporation, IBS sputtering knowledge and ability to troubleshoot light sources, e-beam gun, thermocouple gauge, ring down loss meters, spectrophotometers, thin film characterization techniques
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
LEADING PHOTONICS TECHNOLOGY
Gooch & Housego is a global leader in photonics technology. Our expertise extends from research through the development of prototypes to volume manufacturing and enables innovation and effective manufacturing in the aerospace & defence, industrial, life sciences and scientific research (Big Science) sectors. Researching and manufacturing in eight sites across the USA and UK, G&H are experts across a uniquely broad range of photonic technologies â€“ crystal growth, optical materials processing, acousto-optics and electro-optics, fiber optics, DFB laser modules, precision optics (thin-film coating, birefringent optics, non-linear, planar and aspheric), RF driver electronics in addition to light measurement and calibration solutions
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Coating Production Engineer noted in Subject line.
Gooch and Housego California LLC is located at 5390 Kazuko Court, Moorpark, CA 93021 Gooch and Housego is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Coatings Project/Technology Manager
Scope of Position:
- Lead product and process development for inorganic coatings applied to glass
- Lead global product development team in the US and Korea Establish, Manage and/or
- Lead product development work streams to prepare product and processes for transfer to engineering
- Work with research on new coating product designs and receive new technology for development and transfer to engineering
- Establish project plans; manage risk, prioritization of work for the program
Day to Day Responsibilities: Work with the coatings Dev. team in Korea Communicate status, needs, manage stakeholders Manage spending, resources
Travel Requirements: Up to 40% travel, primarily to South Korea (development labs) and China (Mfg.)
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 hours, evening calls often required to manage time zones with Asia based colleagues, flexibility is provided, and details can be discussed with the hiring manager
Job Title: Coatings Project/Technology Manager
Reference Number: 180700
Required Education and Experience: PhD/MS in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, etc. Or BS degree with significant experience
Required Skills: >10 years' experience and knowledge with various thin film deposition processes (sputtering, magnetron sputtering, thermal evaporation, PECVD, etc.) Supervisory, leadership experience with matrixed or direct reports Demonstrated track record delivering early stage technology from R&D into Manufacturing Experience in manufacturing environment with exposure to quality systems, cost models, operator training, and process improvement tools (DMAIC, 6-sigma, DOE).
- Knowledge in various coating product characterization tools: ellipsometer, spectrophotometer, profilometry, X-Ray, etc.
- Knowledge of glass substrate product attributes
Language skills in Korean or Mandarin
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional payrolls from Sr. Executives, scientists, engineering, mfg.
- Demonstrated ability to work globally with colleagues in Asia (China and South Korea)
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning's history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
How to Apply:
Please visit http://www.corning.com/careers to begin the application process.
Coating Development Engineer
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of this position is to research and develop coatings for improved products, processes and equipment for electrochromic devices and other Gentex applications. In addition, this position will be responsible for introducing newly developed products, processes and equipment into production and assist in continuous improvement.
- Design, perform and report on experiments related to new coatings and processes, and to existing products and processes.
- Improve current coating processes and develop new coating processes to improve quality, reduce cost or simplify manufacturing -- continuous improvement.
- Develop new products and introduce them into manufacturing.
- Design tools, fixtures and processes necessary to support thin film development work.
- Assist in problem solving, troubleshooting and yield improvements in manufacturing.
- Manage project teams -- Lead meetings, write minutes, track progress.
- Operate R&D instrumentation such as thickness profilers, photo spectrometers, ellipsometers and other support tools.
- Analyze and document experimental data.
- Record data and concepts in a format suitable for patent documentation.
- Operate and maintain coating equipment
- Interface between research and manufacturing -- familiar with both sides of the company.
- Become knowledgeable with the long term goals of the company.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Train technicians and other support staff
- Interface with vendors as required
- Tracking and maintaining calibration standards in support of equipment and tools.
- Experience in:
- *Nano imprint technology
- *Electro optic devices
- Mechanical skills and the ability to integrate machines and processes preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, mechanical inclination and fundamental understanding of vacuum coatings needed.
- First hand operating knowledge of mechanical vacuum systems and equipment, mechanical pump, turbo pump, cryo pump, diffusion pump, cathode and target assembly, mechanical conveyors/feed through, power supplies and gauges.
- Project management skills preferred.
- AutoCAD or Solid Works experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational Ability to lead a team to solve a problem or develop new processes.
- Knowledge of statistics and design of experiments preferred.
- Ability to follow up on the details required to finish a project.
- Four-year college degree in a technical field with 5-10 years of relevant experience required. A Masters of PhD degree is preferred.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to focus on the job at hand.
- Self motivated -- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proactive -- Demonstrated ability to fix a problem before it happens. The desire and ability to make a process improvement with little or no pressure from production.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also independently.
- Must have the personality and skills to be an effective team member.
- Motivated by discovery and problem solving moderated by a sound business sense.
- Creativity and brainstorming skills.
- Predisposition to get involved.
- Ability to communicate with those with different types and levels of skills. Comfortable interfacing with other groups across an organization
- Able to explain well to different target audiences (technicians, lay people, etc)
- Hands-on but able to coordinate projects.
Gentex Corporation is the world's leading supplier of electrochromic, automatic- dimming rear view mirrors for the automotive industry, and develops advanced smoke detectors and signaling devices for the commercial fire-protection market. Established in 1974, Gentex Corporation employs approximately 5,000 individuals.
How to Apply:
Please click here to begin the application process.